Spread the Word
1. Identify Your Audience
Determine who could benefit from learning about OAE screening for infants and toddlers and/or the resources of the ECHO Initiative including:
- Early Head Start, early intervention, and home visitation programs (i.e. Parents as Teachers Affiliates).
- Pediatric Audiologists, Speech Language Pathologists, and Health Care Providers who may be interested in supporting the development of community-based OAE screening programs.
- Media/Press/General public who need to know about the benefits of OAE technology for infants and toddlers and the need to make screening available universally.
2. Determine Form of Communication
- Email introductory links from Kidshearing.org.
- Present introductory information in an individual or small-group format. Revise and submit the Presentation Proposal [DOC] and use the Presentation Outline [PDF] that describes handouts that can be printed and video that can be played or embedded in your own PowerPoint presentation.
- Send a Press Release [DOC] to local media.
3. Select Resources to Share
Incorporate introductory text/print and video resources in what you share with others. Note that video segments can be streamed or downloaded. They may be viewed from a computer-based video player or inserted into a PowerPoint presentation and played from there.
|Video (Stream/Download)||Electronic Text & Print Handouts|
|Introductory Overview||Overview of OAE Screening and the ECHO Initiative [PDF]
Frequently Asked Questions [PDF]
|The OAE Screening & Follow-up Protocol [PDF]|
|OAE Screening Implementation Checklist [PDF]|
|Testimonies and Reflections||